Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I am extremely behind on blogging, but if I wait until I have time to catch up, it is never going to happen. My computer died at the end of April and it hasn't helped my blogging tendencies. So, we start with now and continue on and hopefully I get some catch-up posts (like Zander's fifth birthday) done too.

Memorial day was spent building...
We finally finished repainting the kitchen. In case you hadn't been over, when we added on to the house, the kitchen window and sliding glass doors got moved. Those areas sat patched, textured and primed until the beginning of this year. (That's two years) We had kind of gotten burned out on trying to get the whole rest of the house painted before the new carpet was installed. Then we painted the dining room and parts of the kitchen but then we got up on top of the cabinets and realized how badly it needed cleaned up there and it kind of stalled the project again. Well, it just finally finished it a week ago.
I've been wanting to redo our bedroom, but the kitchen had to be finished before I could start our bedroom. Trent gave me a great gift and took a few hours to make me one of the headboards I had bookmarked on my computer to start off the next home project. I love it and am so excited to "redo" our bedroom. I'll share the finished bed when it is done.

The rest of Memorial day weekend was spent with a lot of this...
The boys all had strep throat. Except at the time, we didn't know that it was strep throat. Elias had started to run a high fever Thursday night. I wanted to get him in to the doc before the long weekend, so I took him in and they gave us antibiotics for what they thought was a sinus infection. He spent 24 hours down and perked up. But Friday after a late nap, Zander and Aiden started running fevers. It was a long weekend of sitting on the couch with my boys. I'm thankful for Netflix ;) Tuesday morning I took the boys to the doctor. She listened to Zander's lungs and it was determined that he had pneumonia in his right lung. Another perscription for antibiotics. She checked out Aiden. Lungs sounded good, ears looked fine, nose stuffy but not concerning, throat looks fine. Tested his urine, nothing. On a whim, she said, "Let's do a quick throat swab. There has been a lot of strep going around. He doesn't seem to have it, but there has to be some reason for the high fevers." We are loading up in the car and the doctor comes out with...another perscription. It was positive for strep. She guesses it is what the other two had as well, but since they are already on antibiotics, no need to pay for a test.

We also took time to remember what the day off was about...
As well as find a bird's egg shell and tried to find its nest.

No comments: