Thursday, July 28, 2011

Off to camp

On Monday, the boys and I took Jaelyn to church camp.
She was pretty excited and got her bunk set up pretty quickly.
And then it came time to say good-bye.
And she got all teary-eyed!
The girl that told me she didn't need me to walk her in to her first day of Kindergarten!
As a mama, you get told how tough dropping off your baby for the first day of kindergarten is. But nobody warned me that dropping your baby off at camp with only a couple of friends and no adults that they know well was going to be harder!
I'm sure that she is having a great week, but we miss her here at home.
Two more sleeps and we get to go get her and hear all about her adventures!

1 comment:

Sandra Lordahl said...

The first time I sent Marissa to summer camp I checked the mailbox everyday hoping to hear from her and I remember a couple nights of fitful sleep wondering why I ever thought camp was a good idea. She had a wonderful time and is now on her 3rd year of summer camp...always a highlight of her summer. I'm sure your daughter is having a blast and will have many fun stories to tell you!