Friday, April 18, 2008

Big Happenings




Well, Trent has been out of town all week, so this post is for him.

I'm not sure how we went from playing in the water last weekend, to watching snow come down as we ate dinner tonight, but we did and it was great dinner conversation. It has been a crazy weather day.

This week, Jaelyn faced her biggest fear head on and told it to go away. Her biggest fear, is large dogs. As she was riding her scooter a dog came running towards her and came within a foot of her. Instead of screaming, crying and running away, Jaelyn stood her ground, stuck her hand out to say stop and firmly told the dog to go away. Go Jaelyn!

Elias had the huge triumph of staying dry all night long. He has been potty trained for quite awhile, but the overnight battle has been going on for over a year. He had the biggest grin as he came in to show me this morning.

Zander has also had a potty victory this week. (Sorry, it is a big part of our lives right now.) He has been pooping in the potty as well as using the big potty. Isn't having the influence of a big brother great?! As well as the power of M & M's.

Aiden gave me his first real belly laugh this week. Those are the moments that you hope that you never forget. What an incredible gift for his Mommy. He loves to sit and talk with you as he stares into your eyes. As it strikes him, he will give you a grunting laugh that makes his siblings laugh and now if you work hard enough, you get a real, sweet sounding belly laugh.

As for me, I have finally gotten old. I have to admit that this week, I have gone to bed twice between 11 and 12 at night, normally while attempting to watch the news. As I told my mom, four kids is my limit, they wear me out. Though, I like to think that Aiden deciding all of a sudden that he needed a 5:30am feeding this week along with having to take Benedryl for my allergies is to blame, but I think that 30 has done me in. So with that, I say good night and sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Trent-n-Lynne said...

Wow! My kids are cute!!
T

Anonymous said...

Of course they're cute - who wouldn't think so!