Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Day Has Come!


For a couple of years now, Jaelyn has been wanting glasses. She was given a pair of "fake" glasses for her birthday, which sufficed for awhile. I had her eyes checked at her yearly check-up, and she didn't have any issues reading any of the lines. Then at the beginning of the school year, she started saying that the overhead at school was kind of blurry. The nurse at school did and eye test, and again, she could read all that was asked of her. So, I kind of ignored her thinking this was still just her desire for "real" glasses. Time went on, and I started noticing her squinting more and more. Finally in November, I took her to the eye doctor. The eye doctor said...."She no longer has 20/20 vision, but her eyes are not really bad enough to actually need glasses yet." Hmmm...
Fast forward to spring break. Jaelyn is still squinting, saying that she can't read things and the insurance won't pay for another eye check till 6 months after her last one. But, I make her another appointment and the Doc checks her eyes again. This time, she gets to pick out some glasses and she was so excited! She was told her glasses should be in this week. Last night, she prayed that they would come in today so that she wouldn't have to wait over the weekend. While at school, her prayers came true. I picked her up from school and took her straight over. You'll have to check out her blog here to find out what she thinks. :)

2 comments:

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

They are super cute!!!

Amanda E. said...

Cute!! Can't wait to see them
(can you reinvite me to Jae's blog? it says my invite expired)