And yet, the day had its perks. The one that really got to me, was when Jaelyn was helping the boys to make their Christmas wish lists. Neither one said this certain item, and yet she wrote it on both of their lists. During dinner, they shared with me some of the things that they wished for. Jaelyn went last.
She said, "Mom, you know what I really want for Christmas?"
"What Sis?"
"It is in your heart."
Confused. "Tell me, Sis."
"For my brothers to have Jesus in their hearts."
"Me too, Sissy."
OK, seriously, if that doesn't make a mommy tear up. They are worth it, even on days when I'm not feeling it and wish that they were making me dinner and doing the laundry and...
And at the end of the day, guess what the youngest little man in our house decided to conquer. Seriously, I'm not ready for this!
2 comments:
Lynne,
You are an AMAZING mommy! Some days just go like that, I guess...and yet God is so good that just when you can't take anymore He gives you another glimpse of your purpose and His partnership in it. Hang in there! May you find many more blessings in the days ahead (and even an extra nap or two!).
I love you guys!!!
Thanks Mrs. Kris
Post a Comment